Everything About Skin Resurfacing Using Microdermabrasion
Our skin is constantly changing. In fact, every sixty seconds we shed about 30,000 to 40,000 dead skin cells off the surface of our skin.
That is why we will talk about a facial procedure called “Microdermabrasion”: a non-surgical technique that will help your clients enjoy a lifetime cleansing experience.
Microdermabrasion is one of the most common non-surgical skin resurfacing procedures in the United States.
What is MDA?
Microdermabrasion (MDA) was pioneered by Drs. Marini and Lo Brutto in Italy in 1985.
It has been around for a while in the beauty industry due to its effectiveness. Used as a stand-alone solution or mixed treatment with a laser session or aqua facial
Also known as Microderm, it is one of the easiest, safest, and most effective anti-aging treatments you can offer in your spa.
- It rejuvenates areas with wrinkles. It refreshes the skin tone and texture.
- It helps to treat epidermal-level conditions., such as acne
- Microdermabrasion minimizes shallow scars and hyperpigmented lesions, like melasma.
- Decreases pore size, which helps to eliminate blackheads.
- It reduces superficial hyper-pigmentation, a.k.a as age spots.
- It stimulates blood circulation.
Microdermabrasion complements the high-tech serums and skincare effect. The crystals sprayed by the MDA device penetrate the deeper layers of the skin and scrub the dead skin with more precision.
The wand-looking device helps to restore inner collagen fibers, thickening them. This gives the skin a refreshed and youthful look right after the first session.
Explaining the magic trick
Microdermabrasion is performed by a healthcare specialist. The microdermabrasion sessions are 30 to 40-minute long.
The dermatologist uses a handheld device with a crystal tip to simultaneously blast aluminum oxide crystals and suck dead matter like a vacuum.
MDA purifies the outer layer of the skin, the epidermis’ stratum corneum. This causes a re-arrangement and bulging of melanosomes and fibroblasts.
This non-invasive procedure can be made on different sports such as the face, neck, chest, back, and hands. Moreover, it is fittable for all types of skins and genres.
The settings, such as vacuum pressure and speed, vary depending on the sensitivity and tolerance of the patient.
One of the reasons behind its popularity is the short-term results. The non-invasive intervention triggers immediate changes in your patients’ skins right after the first session.
We recommend from 6 to 12 sessions for an in-depth skin rejuvenation and cleansing effect.
Another reason why people love microdermabrasion is its pain-free nature. If you have a cat-lover audience, then your patients will find a very similar sensation to cat kisses in your microdermabrasion session.
How to obtain the best results
Some of the best pre-session products and instructions include:
- Avoid scheduling a microdermabrasion appointment if your patient was exposed to chemical peel products (like accunate), exfoliating creams, waxing, or laser peeling days before the session. These procedures can trigger adverse reactions since they already sensibilize the skin before the abrasion.
- Postpone the microdermabrasion session if the patients report a collagen injection the days before the appointment.
Post-session indications include:
- Apply heavy moisturizer or other skin care products to rehydrate the skin and avoid peeling.
- Remove any remaining using a wet towel and gentle rehydrating cream to cleanse any dead skin cells left behind.
- The client will need to protect their skin with non-irritating moisturizer and sunblock for 48 hours after the treatment and may experience mild redness and sloughing/peeling.
- Avoid direct exposure to UV rays.
Explore the microdermabrasion world!
Join us and set a turning point in your spa’s skincare routines.
We are an FDA-certified equipment supplier. We strive to help cosmeticians and healthcare professionals to upgrade their services with the highest quality equipment in the market. Our products offer the best price-quality in the industry.
We guarantee a warranty and complete customer service:
- Virtual Certified training is free and available to all our clients purchasing machines.
- Training courses: Announced one month before the date. Open to the general public. (credentials restrictions may apply).
- Training On-demand: you say when you need it we just do it. (charges may apply).
- One-on-one personal certified training: on-site or in our offices, available with any machine purchase.
We focus on medical and aesthetic machines: from Skincare lasers to IPL, including Diode Laser, Microdermabrasion, tattoo removal lasers, exfoliation, and infusion machines.
We constantly push even further our quality standards in laser equipment for urology and cosmetic gynecology: Holmium for kidney stones, Benign prostatic hyperplasia, vaginal rejuvenation, and incontinence.